Today we are going to know what is computer virus and how it can harm a computer, those of you who use computer must have heard the name of computer virus and must have also heard that virus if If it comes to your computer, it can also completely destroy your computer’s data. Can damage
What is Computer Virus
Just as if Virus enters the human body, then many kinds of problems or diseases take hold of the body, in the same way, if Virus comes in the computer, then there can be many types of problems in the computer, but is this Computer Virus any living Animal is not a computer Virus is a small software program that affects the main program of the computer, so that computer programs do not work properly, in simple language, these viruses are created only to spoil your computer programs. Due to which the computer does not work smoothly and you have trouble.
History of Computer Viruses
The world’s first computer virus was found on (ARPANET) Used to infect computers and give the message that “I am a creeper, catch me if you can” Creeper was developed by Robert Thomas, engineer of BBN Technology.
“ELK Cloner” in 1982. There came a computer virus named “ELK Cloner” which was developed by Richard Skrenta, who had previously infected the Apple 3.3 (Apple DOC) operating system through Floppy Disk “ELK Cloner.” The first was an antivirus which was first tracked, this virus was prepared as a joke, which was put in Floppy, this virus appeared as a game, which became active after using 50 times. A small poem appeared in it “ElK Cloner. The Program With a Personality” In The Wild was the first Boot Sector Virus
How it can Harm Your Computer
As you know that Computer’s Operating System, Application Software are written in a programming language for which some special type of coding is done so that it works according to the Program or Software Algorithm when Virus enters the system. Multiply itself and turns into programs and applications, along with this, Virus keeps on replacing the malicious code of Virus with the original code of the computer, which changes the original programming of the computer and many types of problems start coming in it.
How to Know if Computer Has Virus
- If your computer is suddenly doing some unusual motion, then understand that there may be a virus in it, there are some warning sciences about which it is very important for you to know.
- If the speed of your computer suddenly decreases, it starts running very slow while its hardware is very good, then understand that there is a virus in the computer.
- Suddenly some such files and folders are created inside the computer which you have not created, then understand that there is Virus in your computer.
- Along with turning on the computer, if some programs start running automatically and keep running even after you turn it off, then understand that there is a virus in the computer.
- If you see popup advertisements repeatedly in the computer, then understand that there is a virus in the computer.
- If some software or applications appear in the computer that you have never installed, then understand that there is a virus in your computer.
How many Types of Computer Viruses are there (Types of Computer Virus)
Boot Sector Virus This virus affects the boot sector of the computer hard disk, it is very difficult to remove them, when the computer is started, it gets loaded into the operating system and sometimes the system file. Infected too
Partition Table Virus
This type of virus damages the hard disk partition and also infects the boot record, which slows down the speed of the system and also reduces the capacity of RAM.
It harms them by attaching to the computer’s program file, this virus gets installed in the computer like any program and it stores files like .com, .exe, sys, .ovl, .prg, and .mnu on the computer. does infect
This virus replaces the original files, due to which all the files and user data of the system gets corrupted or encrypted, which becomes very difficult to fix, to avoid which the system has to be formatted, which causes data loss. Types of Virus are Spread by Phishing Email
Rootkit virus installs an Inlegal RootKits in the system, so that the hackers get complete control of your system. it is very difficult
Trojan Horse is a program that has been designed by Hackers to secretly infect the computer system, it enters your computer system without your permission, installs Hacking Software and your system. Helps Hackers to make access to Hackers Trojan Horses are of many types –
- Remote Administration Trojans
- Data Stealing Trojans
- Security Disable Trojan
- Control Changer Trojan
Worms i.e. worm is a virus that multiplies itself after entering your computer and tries to spread as much as possible, it starts copying a lot of files inside the computer and more and more. – More space is covered in your hard disk, there are two disadvantages, first hard disk space becomes full and second system slaw starts running inadvertently if any file transfer is done from computer infected with this virus to another system. So this Virus takes its feet there too and starts duplicating files there too.
How To Protect The System From Virus
- If you want to protect your system from Virus, then you should take some precautions, otherwise if you do any business in which you have very important data, which can cause you a lot of damage due to destruction, then let’s know some such tips. By which you can protect your system from Virus
- The attachment given on a phishing email should never be opened, only the email sent by trusted persons should be trusted
- A good antivirus should be installed in your computer and keep updating it from time to time.
- Do not download any software from a website about which you are not aware, you should stay away from free things on the Internet.
- Most of the Software Movie, Mp3 Songs are currently available on the Internet on Authorized Websites, for this Pirated Website should not be used.
- If you are downloading something from Email or Internet, then first get the file scanned by Antivirus.
- If you get an e-mail that says that you have won the lottery, then no action should be taken on it, it should be reported immediately.
- Fake, Pirated, Creak and Patch Software should never be installed
- Before putting someone’s Pen Drive or Removable Media in your computer, it should be scanned with Anti Virus.
Free Vs Paid Antivirus
There are two types of Antivirus available on the Internet, first it is very important to know the difference between Free Antivirus and Paid Antivirus. The list is first updated here, their security level is higher than Free Antivirus, so if your data is very important to you, then you should go towards Paid Antivirus.